Be brave, meet hell itself
Dark Souls II is an RPG adventure game in which you will have to create a completely new character that is looking for a cure for an insufferable curse. It is developed by From Software and published by Namco Bandai Games for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC systems, in physical and download edition. The game maintains the same formula that brought it to the acclaim of hardcore gamers and specialized critics, especially the overall level of difficulty in both single-player and multiplayer mode.
The plot is indirectly related to the previous edition, so if you didn’t play to the first Dark Souls you won’t be lost in the new plot details. The main character is self-made and is somewhat standard, without dialogue or much personality, but despite this the plot will involve you in the background story of Dark Souls II, with mysterious and fantastical creatures. Aesthetically, the game is influenced by European 'Brothers Grimm' fantasy tales with ghosts, castles and skeletons hunting down the player.
Acclaimed by hardcore gamers and specialized critics for the overall level of difficulty
In the technical aspect, the game continues with the same aspect enhancements, especially the light effects in closed-in areas like tunnels or corridors with torches. This aspect makes you feel as if you were actually inside the game, feeling the pressure of the environment since you don’t know when the next creature will attack. In this edition, the monsters have a familiar design except for some glorious exceptions like the Mirror Knight, with excellent character design.
Prepare to feel darkness
From Software have taken the first Dark Souls version and twisted it to create an even deeper and even darker game than before. There are an increased number of options for customizing your character with weapons, armor and magic spells. The game’s atmosphere is much darker than before, and you must fight against all kind of creatures from the bottom of the abyss.
One of the main features of Dark Souls II is that it is not a game for everyone due to its high level of difficulty. It may sound weird, but this title is one of these challenges that may you cause to throw in the towel over and over again. You will start in your human form but once you die in the game you will return as a Phantom, with a reduced health bar that you can regain by defeating a boss monster or as a reward for completing other objectives. The multiplayer mode iis a double-edge sword since it can be both helpful and annoying, depending on the guest player, since there is the freedom to make different choices.
In order to increase the verisimilitude of the game, the developer has introduced the Sensory Assault system. This new feature plays with the players’ phobias such as acrophobia or arachnophobia in order to make you feel the pressure of being in a cursed environment, ruled by your deepest fears. Before starting your adventure, select your class from amongst classic ones such as the knight, mage or thief. Your choice will depend on your gaming style, but bear in mind that the game will be difficult no matter your choice.
Dark Souls II Full Version Features
Check out the Dark Souls II features for PC and consoles:
- A whole new story of a cursed knight looking for a cure and redemption, fighting against dangerous monsters
- Enhanced graphical effects giving realistic impressions of real time elements like torchlight on the walls
- Classic classes to choose among fighters, mages, thieves or acolytes, each one with their own traits
- New Sensory Assault system which enhances the feeling and phobias during the adventure when discovering new passages and areas
- High difficulty game; prepare to be defeated over and over again by all kinds of creatures from unexpected places
- The battle system has been modified and fixed in order to bring the ultimate tactics to real-time combats
- Online multiplayer game mode in which your world merges with other players’
In case you want more information, feel free to visit the official webpage before the download.
Check the minimum requirements for your PC in order to run Dark Souls II:
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or later
- CPU: Intel Dore 2 Duo at 2.6 GHz or similar
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- HDD: 10 GB free space on disk plus additional download space